This portable e-book reader review is going to focus on the Amazon Kindle because everywhere I go, I see people using them; at airports, in trains, waiting at the doctor’s surgery. I just had to find out why this e-book reader was so good and this is what I found.
1. Weight. At 247 grams, the Kindle weighs less than the average paperback.
2. Size. The dimensions of the Kindle are 190 mm x 123 mm x 8.5 mm which is also less that the average paperback and easily fits a jacket pocket or a normal sized handbag.
3. Reading in sunlight. With some tablet PCs, glare is a big issue if you want to read on the beach or in the garden but the Kindle’s electronic ink screen, not only uses ink but actually looks just like ink on a page made of real paper.
4. Book storage. This e-book reader has room to store around 3,500 books and even if you should exceed this number, you can store the excess in your Amazon account.
5. Internet access. If you choose the 3G version of the Kindle, you can download a fresh supply of books in more than one hundred countries and you don’t even need to be in range of a wi-fi network. It works like GPS and you don’t have to pay any fee for this service.Sellers Playbook Amazon Training offers excellent info on this .
6. Battery Life. If you keep your 3G turned off when you’re not using it, then the batter can last up to two months before you need to recharge it either through a mains electricity outlet or by USB connection to a computer (leads and interchangeable plugs are provided).
7. Book organisation. Your can organise your books into collections, so you could file them by type or by author or whatever you choose.
8. Magazines and newspapers. If you take out a subscription, you can download daily, weekly or monthly magazines and papers.
9. Personal paperwork. You can send personal or business paperwork to your Kindle for easy reading on the train.
10. Reading in dim light. If you purchase the bespoke Kindle case, it has a built in reading light which works from the Kindles own battery. Really handy when you’re on an aeroplane at night and you don’t want to disturb your fellow passengers by turning on your overhead light.
11. Personalisation. You can rotate the screen from portrait to landscape and you can increase or decrease the size of the font.
This is just a brief portable e-book reader review with a sample of the advantages of using a Kindle; there are many more, plus some in experimentation.